Friday, September 11, 2009

Wow... Three Weeks Already?

Today I am finding it kind of hard to wrap my head around the fact that we have completed 3 weeks of school already and with very few hiccups to boot. I think it helps that my girl likes to learn. I find it very interesting how things I thought she would have problems with she has been getting right away while things that seem so simple she just can't quite grasp. Is this normal? With a little extra push she gets through it and by the end of the subject week she is understanding it and eager to move on to the next topic. I look forward to the many more ups and downs as this is a learning experience for the both of us and with all the love and support I have been getting from other homeschooling families I am determined to prove everyone wrong who said I couldn't or shouldn't do it.

Tonight we will be headed out to a wonderful new thing that our church has started doing, FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT. Every Friday during our Focus on the Family Topic we will have the chance to join our church family for a good family friendly movie and snacks. This is defiantly a better alternative to the movie theater: On average for my daughter and I to attend a movie at the theater is around $50 where as this family fun night is just a $1 a person for a movie, snack and the company of good friends.

Tomorrow I am thinking a trip to the local pool sounds inviting as I have some free passes and after that i have church song practice and then I think we may set up camp in the living room for the night and watch movies and have snacks in the comfort of our own home.

Total cost that I must put out this weekend for tons of fun.... $6 ... Now that's what I call Cheap entertainment.

The memories we make together as a family are the most important ones. It is important to enjoy every moment with our children that we can before they get to old and cool to hang out with mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment