Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hockey, Deep Sea Caverns, and Mountians OH MY...


Last Thursday my dad's sisters were in town. Although it was short, we had a wonderful visit. I haven't seen my dads oldest sister in several years. The picture to the right is of my sister-in-law Donna, My dads oldest sister Cindy, the middle sister Pam, My beautiful daughter Rebecca and the Baby of the sisters Jackie.

On Friday we drove for 8 or so hours from Kamloops BC where we live to Edmonton AB. We had a picnic lunch in Hinton AB at the Alberta Visitors center. After arriving at our hotel and getting checked we took the 5 min walk over to the N.A.I.T. Campus to watch my younger brother first hockey game of the weekend. They won 9-1 and Colin was in need of some dental work after the game as a result from a stick to the mouth from a future pastor (the team they were playing was from a Seminary school in SK)

(picture on the left of the mountians heading into Jasper Nation Park AB)


On Saturday I was able to get in a swim with Rebecca at the hotel pool and even got some shopping in at the mall conviently located across the street from our hotel. Saturday afternoon we watched another game that my brothers team just happend to win....AGAIN! Did I mention the 60-80 mile winds? At some point my skirt was almost around my neck and there were severe wind warnings on the TV (aprently Edmonton gets Tornados....I was a little worried).

Sunday was nice. We took our time getting up, later went for breakfast/brunch with my brother and then droped him back at his hotel and headed over to the West Edmonton Mall. I made sure to turn this into a learnign experience for my daughter with a visit to the Deep sea Caverns where we got see creepy crawlies, African Penguins, Sharks, full grown sea turtles and even pet star fish and baby sting rays (yes this was in a mall). r="0"></a>My mother and I also took Rebecca to the Sea Lion show where after she was kissed by one of the Sea Lions. Of course we also visited a few of the 100's of stores including Build a Bear workshop where Rebecca picked up a new outfit for her bear and a candy store where she got to pick and fill her own powdered candy tube. We also watched the last game that my brother had and the won yet again. Rebecca was very excited about being able to watch uncle play hockey.

On Monday we stoped by the Royal Alberta Museum where rebecca was very excited to see the MUCH ABOUT MUNSCH exhibit. Robert Munsch is in my mind one of the greatest childrens authors of all time and happens to be one of Rebeccas absolute favorites (we have a very large Robert Munsch book collection). We were als able to see the WILD ALBERT exhibit, HUMMING BIRDS exhibit, FIRST NATIONS exhibit (one of my faves) and much more. Outside the main entrance to the museum in the Goverment House. This happens to be one of the oldest building in Edmonton and was origionally buit for the Governal Generals to use. The building has also been used as a Ventrens Hospital and is currently being used by the government of Alberta to hold meetings and special events. After lunch in the Museum Cafe we headed off to Lac Le Biche to do a car swap and see where my brother is living and going to school. We stayed at the brand new Ramada where my brother joined us for a swim before we headed off to bed to rest up for the 13 hour drive hom on Tuesday. On the drive home we saw mountian sheep, cariboo and a very cute dog/part wolf named Timber.And Rbecca was Finally done!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment