Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Colorful Fish and Homemade Biscuits...

Today was a wonderful day in. We haven't been having the greatest weather with off and on again rain and clouds so most of the morning was spent indoors and gave the perfect excuse to make plaster fish and a nice yummy warm lunch.

For the fish I used a great kit that I picked up for real cheap at our local Dolaram(man I love that store when it comes to buying craft supplies). The plaster was simple to mix and very quick drying which meant decorating the fish could come quickly for my impatient 6 year old. I allowed her to paint her fish however she wanted and the paint that came in the kit was quick trying and easy to clean up to.

For Lunch today I made some baking powder biscuits with some added flavor. I mixed the regular dry ingredients of flour, baking powder and salt but also added some VE Cheddar chives and Bacon dip mix and some grated cheddar cheese. After that I added the milk and made my dough rolled it out and cut the circles using the rim of a glass. We also had some yummy mushroom soup we a bit of grated Cheddar cheese on top, This is another meal my daughter just loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment