Thursday, September 17, 2009

God Give Me Patients

Tomorrow is the end of another week. Can't believe we are completing a month of school already. It was a little bit of a challenging week with lots of interruption, but we made it through without to many tears (on both our parts).

Grandpa was home this week which meant Rebecca wanted to be his little shadow as usual. She has grown very close to her grandfather without any other constant father figure in her life. I love watching their relationship grow and know that what they share will always be extremely special. Despite wanting to be by his side the entire time he was home she did get her work done even if at moments it felt like I was pulling stubborn teeth.

On Wednesday we were able to head to Williams Lake to share in the opening week of a wonderful new church. Lake City Baptist Church will truly be a blessing on that community as will the wonderful pastor and his family. It was nice to see some faces I have met briefly in the past and get to know them on a deeper level. I was able to sit down with other moms who not only share in spiritual beliefs but also home school their own children. One mother in particular was wonderful to speak with. She has been homeschooling for 13 years and has about 13 more to go. Her oldest is now in college and away from home and the youngest just started Kindergarten. When asking for advise she simply said "have patients". Such wise words from such a strong woman. These were words I truly needed to hear. Although it can be sometimes I know that I must continue to put my trust in God and allow him to take control and grant me with patients to deal with anything this world will through and me...even if its my 6 year old telling me she hates school so that she can find away to go spend time with Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment