Thursday, October 15, 2009

One Busy Week and 2 new missions

As we rapidly approach the end of another week I am tired and excited.

We are greatly enjoying the fellowship we are sharing at the new church while Our Pastor and his family are away for the next year. The people are kind and passionate for God's work and it truly brings a smile to my face and lights a fire to continue pursuing the things I am passionate about. We enjoyed a wonderful potluck meal after church on Sunday and I was able to sit down and chat some more with a few of the ladies about homeschooling and life in general. On Sunday afternoon we enjoyed the care home service which happened to be where my Grams is living and I was so happy she decided to join us for the service.

Monday we enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with family and a couple of friends. My mother lovingly prepared the food and we all happily enjoyed it... MMMmmm Homemade stuffing Balls... If you have never tried these you have no idea what you are missing... The company was wonderful and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. Of course Turkey broth was made that night and in the morning put away so I could make soup.

On Tuesday we joined some more family to celebrate my young cousins 13th Birthday and it was nice time to socialize and visit with family that we don't spend nearly enough time with.

Wednesday was another day of dance. Rebecca is enjoying her classes so far and looks forward to the weeks to come.

This week I also decided to get back on the Team Diabetes Canada trail that I set out on 2 years ago when I joined and raised money and participated in the O.I.M. Thanksgiving Weekend in 2007 where I participated in the 10K. In 2010 I will participating in a 5K as part of the 10 in 2010 Team Diabetes Canada Anniversary Celebration. The fund raising has begun yet again. I will post more on how you can donate and get involved in a later post.

Today I decided to continue my mission on promoting Positive self-esteem in girls and women and have decided to take the facilitators training from the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty. I look forward to hosting a workshop in the new year as this is something that I am very passionate about.

May you follow the path that God has placed in front of you and use his gifts as a blessing to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment