Thursday, August 27, 2009

Liveing and Learning and Helping Eachother Grow!


As we continue on with day 2 and 3 I can see the wheels in my daughters head turning. Rebecca is one of those children that loves to learn and is always asking questions about everything and trying to figure out her own way of doing things. I smile As I watch her, as she goes about doing what has to be done. Sometimes things are not so easy, You know those momments when you just want to scream? But I wouldn't change anything. My little girl is growing and learning and teaching me along the way. I find I have learnt more about life in the last 6 years of being a mother the the last 26 years of just being me.

I am taken back a few years ago My daughter and I had just finished breakfast and now she is running around making siren noises pretending she is an abulance and that everyone she meets is sick and she has to help them.... She she comes running over to me and tell sme i'm sick and shes a doctor and then she rubs my arm and kisses it and looks up with those big brown eyes of hers "its ok mommy", she gives me a hug and then continues on her way. I also Remember a time when she was about two. I figure she maybe sits still ummm never......LOL no she dose but its rare and almost uncomfortable because its not something we're used to around the house. So needless to say after a few minutes of silance I decided it was best to go check on her..... I looked in all the rooms and then notcied a light on in the bathroom and the door was closed..... I opend it ato see what she was up to and there she was washing the toilet with Grandmas brand new toothbrush. I gave her some money and told her that she needed to give it to Grandma and apologize for using her toothbrush as a scrub brush. It's momments like these that make me so happy to be a mother. Some of the best times are when nobody is in the room and she is sitting their happily watching TV laughing her head off because whatever it is in the show is extremely funny to her and nobody else knows why.... Around the age of 3 she was waiting to watch Madigascar so I went out to help her start the DVD. Anybody that has seen the DVD knows that when you press play the Crate with the girafe falls over... Rebecca Saw this and just burst out like it was wrong not to.... She felt that it is was her duty to climb into anybox she could get her little body into and fall over. It's amazing how the simplest things (a cardboard box for example) can keep a child occupide for hours. Sitting here refflecting back on what has been a rollercoaster of a ride for the past 6 years I relise I wouldn't change a thing. Why would you wnat to when you have something so precious. I can not look at being a parent as a job but rather a privledge that God would trust me with such a precious gift.

When i feel down I think about her hugs and kisses and smiles. Her laughter brings more joy then the sun. I could never imagine a day without my precious angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment