Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Life Waits for No Man... or in my case Woman...

Yesterday was the big day. I had surgery on my foot. The Doctor went in and and removed the tumor from my toe and replaced the bone with some from my heal on the same foot. It was quite the experience. Being awake for the whole thing was not something I minded but it was taking forever for the toe to freeze and then When the Doc had to go back into my heal to remove some more bone the freezing was starting to come out. That was a feeling I never want to experience ever again and I wish it upon no other. I have to thank my amazing sister-in-law for making sure I got to the hospital for my surgery and keeping Rebecca entertained for me and I have to thank her for doing it all while quietly in pain herself. She is a remarkable woman who gives so much of herself for her family. She did take my advice on the way passed moms office to stop and mom was able to take lunch off to get Donna back up to the hospital and return me to the comfort of home. The nice thing about day Surgery is I am able to be at home for the entire recovery process. I can't get down the stairs currently to my room but I should be able to conquer the stairs in the next day or 2.

Even after surgery life must continue as normally as possible. Today Rebecca is back to schooling, We have moved it upstairs for a couple days but we must accommodate mommy some how. Grandpa is home for a few days and is going to make sure that Rebecca gets to swimming today and dance tomorrow. I am very thankful that I have such wonderful parents. So here we go continuing on as life waits for no Man, or in my case Woman, to recover.

This Weeks Topics
Bible Study: Daniel and The Lions
Math: 2-D Shapes
English: Subjects
Socials: Streets and Distances
Science: Structure Around Us
Art: More Christmas Crafts
Physical Education: Swimming(Tues&Thurs)and Dance(Wed)

No comments:

Post a Comment